Park Villa La Montesca





The house and park were built between 1985 and 1889 for Baron Leopold Franchetti, who moved to Città di Castello in 1880. In front of the villa, the green open space with its large decorative basin forms a perfect transition to the landscape park and its arboretum.

This English-style park (4 ha) is home to an impressive collection of trees and shrubs. Nature is used to create a scene of harmony which is made to appear as natural as possible despite its artistic design. This is evident both in terms of the use of exotic plant species and especially in the creation of seemingly natural curved paths and trails throughout the park. The park includes tree species (60 varieties) from America and from the cold and temperate zones of Europe and Asia. Also well represented are native species with majestic specimens of oak and beech trees.